Reading Labour BAME Voice
Reading Labour BAME Voice is a platform set up to ensure that Reading & District Labour Party can achieve the objectives of the national BAME Labour group to work collectively to:
- Increase BAME membership to the Labour Party and work to achieve support for Labour’s principles and policies amongst BAME communities
- Influence and participate in the policy making process at all levels of the Labour Party and through its ensure that issues and concerns of BAME Labour members are raised at the highest levels of the Party
- Advocate and campaign on issues concerning BAME Labour members at all levels
- Ensure that Black, Asian and Ethnic minority members are represented throughout Party bodies and are selected for the Welsh Assembly, Scottish, Westminster and European Parliaments and for public office in local and central government
- Eliminate racism and discrimination in all forms and support members in their struggle against racism in the United Kingdom and internationally, while developing links with other similar organizations to achieve this end
All of this is to help realise the Labour goal of being “the party of equality” and building “a society free from all forms of racism, anti-Semitism and Islamophobia”.